In the coming years, the European Center will develop and launch research lines on mentoring, in collaboration with various European universities, research institutions and the UMB Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring in Boston, US.These research lines will include research on mentoring programmes and practices, in order to improve our understanding of when, why, and for whom mentoring does (not) work.
Researchers programme committee
The European Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring is situated in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Seeing that the Center is a network organization, its members can be found through Europe and beyond.
In 2018 the Center is launching its first official programme committee for research and for knowledge exchange action.
The present members of the programme committee are professionals of the initiating universities. These members are:
- Dr. Marc Coenders, Stenden/NHL university of applied sciences,
- Dr. Dirk Willem Postma, Stenden/NHL university of applied sciences, representing the Dutch national mentoring practitioners,
- Ms Szilvia Simon, community manager of the European Center, coordinating the activities and coaching the Student Learning Community of the Center.
The Committee will be broadened with two representatives of the members that also signed the Declaration on mentoring in 2016 during the launch of the Center:
- Professor Peter de Cuyper, University of Leuven (BE) who will focus on increasing the quality of mentoring models and the quality of the Center
- Professor Jens Schneider, University of Osnabruck (DE), who will focus on mentoring research for migrants
Besides their own focus, the Committee will also suggest:
- future research
- give an impuls to the translation of evidence for programmes, practitioners and policy making;
- financing possibilities in mentoring practice and research;
- the 2 yearly location for the Summit;
- other goals set for their 2-year membership in the Committee
The Programme Committee will have its own Student Learning Community. This learning community involves bachelor, master and PhD students of the members in the Center. They do research in the field of mentoring and they connect to the Center to internship, research activities, inspiration and network.