In the coming years, the European Center will develop and launch research lines on mentoring, in collaboration with various European universities, research institutions and the UMB / MENTOR Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring in Boston, US.These research lines will include research on mentoring programmes and practices, in order to improve our understanding of when, why, and for whom mentoring does (not) work.
The European Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring is situated in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. Seeing that the Center is a network organization, its members can be found through Europe and beyond.
In 2018 the Center lauched its researchers' committee. Members of this committee are:
- dr. Peter de Cuyper, University KU Leuven, HIVA research institute, BE
- dr. Oscar Prieto-Flores, University of Girona, ES
- dr. Bernadine Brady, National University of Ireland, UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre, IR
- prof. dr. Jean Rhodes, UMB / MENTOR Center for Evidence-Based Mentoring, US
- dr. Migchiel van Diggelen, Open University, NL
- dr. Jacqueline Rietveld, NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, NL
- dr. Dirk Willem Postma, researchers' community manager ECEBM and programme manager at Fries Sociaal Planbureau, NL
- Ms Szilvia Simon, community manager of the European Center
Besides their own focus, the Committee has a role in the following action:
- research collaborations within the reresearchers' community,
- an impuls to the translation of evidence for programmes, practitioners and policy making,
- seek financing possibilities in mentoring research,
- tadvice about the 2 yearly location for the Summit.
The Committee has its own Student Learning Community. This learning community involves bachelor, master and PhD students of the the Center. They do research in the field of mentoring and they connect to the Center for exchange, internship, research activities, inspiration and network.